Hertz and Navigation Solutions have launched Hertz NeverLost Companion, the first-of-its-kind travel destination app among major car rental companies. NeverLost GPS Companion facilitates integrated trip planning and navigation, giving travellers the ability to browse millions of US destinations and plan trips on their mobile devices, then directly sync with the in-car Hertz NeverLost GPS system. The interactive app goes beyond navigation, including events, local weather, Augmented Reality, social media sharing and much more.
“At Hertz, we innovate with customer-friendly technology to enhance the rental experience, which is exactly what the new Hertz NeverLost GPS Companion app offers,” said Mark Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive. “Whether searching for restaurants, hotels, gas stations or local events, the app provides users with access to more than 10 million destinations in the US. We are putting our advanced technology in travellers’ hands to create even more exciting, memorable trips.”
Hertz NeverLost Companion is available for free download via iTunes and Google Play. Companion provides the ease of planning travel via mobile device by viewing and selecting from thousands of destinations organised into detailed city guides, all before sitting in the Hertz driver’s seat.
Features of the NeverLost Companion app include:
- More than 40 City Guides, giving key points of interest for each city, including: New and trendy restaurants, Local events, Must-see spots, What lays beyond the city’s limits, Parks, Neighbourhood details (available in certain city guides), Tours (available in certain city guides)
- ‘My Favorites’ section to house favorite selected destinations and see them automatically saved in the city’s folder
- Ability to send favourite destinations to Hertz NeverLost equipped vehicle
- Option to login directly to NeverLost.com and synchronise trips to ‘My Favorites’
- Weather icon that includes current temperature, precipitation, wind, daily highs and lows, and a five-day forecast
- Map that pinpoints exact location and provides walking and driving routes
- Option to share location on Facebook, Twitter or email
- Augmented Reality, which provides a live display of nearby attractions
- Speed-dial to easily contact Hertz NeverLost support
- Synchronisation with Hertz NeverLost cloud
“We are very excited to introduce the new NeverLost Companion app to Hertz customers and travellers everywhere,” said Graham Weedon, Navigation Solutions’ Director of Public Relations and Communications. “In developing this app, we wanted to give travellers a simple, mobile way to research, explore and plan trips. Companion grew to be a personalised trip planner and more, inevitably becoming a game-changer among current navigational apps. We look forward to travellers experiencing Companion first-hand.”
To learn more about the new Hertz NeverLost Companion app, visit .